Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1 - Here we go...again!

So, here we are. Day 1 of the year I change my life.

Startin
g with my body. Which needs some help, let me tell ya...

Food: One of the tools I'm trying to utilize is SparkPeople. It's a free site where you can log your food intake, water intake, exercise, and even join groups where you can get and give support in your journey. Pretty cool, especially the free part! Anyway, according to this site, my goal calorie range is 1,320-1,670. I did a great job today with my meals, I stayed under my calorie range right up until after dinner.

Then it happened.

I had some ice cream. Granted, it was delicious. However, that little tiny THING knocked me over my range by...brace for it...here it comes...

ONE STINKIN CALORIE!

That's it. I went over by ONE. I'm not sure whether to be proud of myself for being so close to goal, or to be angry for being sooo close and missing it! It was delicious, though...

Water: I enjoyed 14 oz of water today. Day one, I keep reminding myself!

Exercise: Insert a large *sigh* here. It's more frustration with myself and my image of myself. I'm slightly embarrassed to work out in front of my husband. I really shouldn't be, I know he won't make fun of me, but it's just the thought of him seeing me jumping around like a beached whale, sweating buckets - beyond sexy, I'm sure. He's home until Monday, which puts a damper on my workout plans. Unless I wake up brave tomorrow. Something to hope for, I suppose!

OVERALL: Not a horrible start! Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. Yes, I just started over today, and stepped on that scary scale this morning, but Saturdays are my official weigh-in days, so I want to get in the habit.

Off to dream of the weight falling off...or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment