Thursday, January 21, 2010

I've missed a few days...

The problem I've come across in my journey is how to adjust when life throws curveballs.

My youngest brother was in the pediatric intensive care unit this week.

One of my twin brothers, who I haven't seen in almost two years, was able to take leave from the Marines for a few days to be with our family.

The other of my twin brothers is stuck in Texas, far, far away.

My days have consisted of driving to and from the hospital, 40 minutes away, bringing clothes and books and other goodies. I've gone to my mom's house at least twice a day to check on my grandma and to feed the dog and cats. My meals have consisted of fast food in the car as I had no time to stop at home and make anything.

I wonder if I was further along in this journey would I be able to have a better handle on things when the unexpected occurs?

My youngest brother came home from the hospital today. Thank God, the prayers worked! My other brother will be going back to his base on Monday. Life is slowing down and returning to normal. That means I need to get back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment