Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Me!

As of one year a go today, I weighed 231 lbs. I had grand ideas and visions of how AMAZING I was going to look by Christmas!

Well.

Christmas has come and gone. It's now one year later. I'm at 227 lbs.

Well, okay, let's look at the positives! I'm down 3 lbs! THAT'S good! I weigh less this year than I did last year. That means a new decade is starting and I haven't seen the 230s!

Ick, that's about as far as I can go with the positivity.

The fact of the matter is that I wasted yet another YEAR. A whole YEAR! That's not just a day, a week, a month...a freakin YEAR of my LIFE. Gone. With no progress made!

Granted, my family had a rough year. Medical issues up the wazoo (gluten intolerance discoveries, emergency surgeries, tons 'o fun!), moving THREE TIMES (once in beyond imaginable emotional conditions, once 1400 miles across the country), and loads of random events sprinkled in between.

Excuses, excuses.

Enough feeling sorry for myself or letting life dictate my actions. Just because things are tense or I'm stressed, those aren't good reasons to NOT exercise or NOT drink water or NOT eat right. In fact, those are just the reasons to push through and exercise and drink water and eat right!

So, I bid adieu to 2009. Peace out, homeslice.

2010 is here, and this time, I am actually going to freakin do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment